Southend High School for Girls
Closing date: Friday 23rd February 2024
37 hours per week – Term time + 10 days
Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 3:00pm
Friday 7am – 2:30pm
Starting Salary Scale 6 point 13 – Actual salary £24,172 per annum
(salary negotiable dependant on experience)
Application Forms available here
Applications and supporting letters to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to be held Tuesday 5th March 2024
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Catering Manager to manage our catering operation, including the busy school canteen and our exciting coffee shop ‘Scholars’.
You will plan and manage the development of all the catering provision for pupils, staff and special events, ensuring compliance with all health and safety requirements.
You will work with the Finance Team Manager to develop an effective business plan.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan and oversee the preparation and presentation of all food to the required school’s standards.
- Manage ordering of stock and equipment and oversee stock control.
- Maximise the full potential of the catering operation in terms of turnover and profitability.
- Have good communication skills and manage the catering team in a professional and friendly manner.
- Implement and review menu cycles regularly and promote theme days.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Schools Financial Regulations are followed throughout the catering operation.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring reports as required.
- Ensure high quality food provision whilst maintaining best value practice.
- Be fully compliant with all health & safety requirements and hygiene standards.
We will provide:
- Safety equipment as required
- A strong, highly committed team of staff with an ethos of tolerance and a family community spirit
- Training and development and our commitment to staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girls’ grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues to move forward under the leadership of its Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey.
For all enquiries please contact Karen Lacey at email@example.com
We reserve the right to call applicants to interview, and appoint, prior to the closing date
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.