Southend High School for Girls
Design Technology and Art Technician
Closing date: Monday 27th March 2023
Monday – Friday
32 hours per week
Term time + INSET days
Starting Salary Scale 5 point 8 (actual salary per annum £16,851)
Application Forms available here
Applications and supporting letters to be submitted to email@example.com
We are seeking a dependable and efficient technician to join our highly successful Creative and Performing Arts Faculty to support the Art and Technology departments. The Creative and Performing Arts Faculty consists of teams of highly creative, experienced, and enthusiastic teachers.
Within the Art & Technology departments we have a workshop, art & design studios, textiles studios, a dark room and kiln room.
Experience of working as a technician within a school environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- assist in the preparation and organisation of resources for lessons as required.
- support teaching staff and students during practical lessons, including working alongside students in preparing materials for examinations under direction from teaching staff.
- ensure the upkeep of all tools and machinery including laser cutter and 3D printer.
- ensure the application of current health & safety requirements including completing risk assessments.
- undertake any training commensurate with the post.
- be able to take direction and work well as part of a team.
- assist the departments in all general duties as required.
We will provide:
- Safety equipment as required
- A strong, highly committed team of staff with an ethos of tolerance and a family community spirit
- Training and development and our commitment to staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girls’ grammar school rated
‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher,
Mr Jason Carey
For all enquiries please contact Karen Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to call applicants to interview, and appoint, prior to the closing date
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.