Applying to Sixth Form - 2021/2022 Academic Year
We are delighted that you are considering applying to SHSG Sixth Form to continue your studies at A Level. We are an outstanding grammar school with a vibrant Sixth Form and excellent teachers and staff. Many of our Year 11 students choose to stay on at SHSG after completing their GCSEs, and we also welcome a large number of new students into Year 12 each year because of our strong academic tradition.
Sixth Form Open Evening
The Sixth Form Open Evening will not take place this year due to Government restrictions. To replace our usual Open Evening, there will be a programme of presentations for both current SHSG students and new students wishing to join SHSG in Year 12. The programme will launch after the October half term and will aim as much as possible to replicate the information presented at our usual Open Evening, including:
- Presentations from the Headteacher, Director of Sixth Form and Head Student
- Presentations from Heads of Departments and current Sixth Form students
- SHSG Sixth Form Prospectus
- A Level Course Outlines for 2021/2022
- Presentations from alumni
- Application process and admissions requirements for 2021/2022
- Year 12 Induction in the summer term (date to be confirmed). Dependent on Government guidelines, this may be in school or virtual. More details to follow in due course.
All the information from the Open Evening will be on our website, so please keep checking back to this page for updates.
The online application form for students wishing to join Sixth Form in September 2021 will open on Friday 6th November and will be available on our website. The deadline for all applications is 31st January 2021. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Current Year 11 SHSG students do not need to complete an online application form. More information will be provided for current students through the form tutor programme.
If you have any questions about Sixth Form then please do get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org