Equality & Diversity Statement
The Governing Body of Southend High School for Girls Academy Trust is committed to promoting Equality and Diversity throughout the school. By recognising and appreciating individual needs and differences the school demonstrates its respect for the communities that it serves, and is a place where both students and staff thrive. The school regularly reviews its Equal Opportunities Policies which are available upon request.
- To use performance data to monitor student achievement and respond to variations between groups of learners, subjects, courses and key stages, trends over time and comparisons with other schools
- To raise the awareness and skills of staff to promote fairness, equality and good relations in the context of their role
- To provide an environment that welcomes, protects and respects diverse people
- To ensure that all students are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school
- To promote cultural understanding, awareness and respect of different religious beliefs between different ethnic groups within our school community.
- To actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between students and all groups of students; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and students from minority ethnic groups.
- To continue to improve accessibility across the school for students, staff and visitors with disabilities, including access to specialist teaching areas.
- To endeavor to ensure that the staff body and representation of staff in leadership roles is reflective of the local community.
- To eliminate incidences of homophobic, sexist and racist language by students in the school.
- To recruit pupils and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds reflective of the local demographic