SHSG Uniform Information
Below you will find details of our uniform requirements and our two uniform stockists. All uniform can be purchased online through both stockists. Danielles have a store in Rayleigh and Fosters regularly visit the school to hold a uniform sale during lunchtimes and events. For full information please see 'Official Stockists' below.
In addition, our Parents’ Association holds a good stock of pre-loved uniform. If you wish to purchase something, please contact Mel Rayment on 01702 580038 or email email@example.com
DANIELLES SCHOOLWEAR – UNIFORM NOTICE
With effect from 20th October 2019, the Danielles Schoolwear shop in Rochford will be closing. The Rayleigh Weir store is increasing in size to accommodate the schools which the Rochford store supplies. Internet orders will continue to be available via www.daniellesshop.co.uk and customers will have the choice of collection in store, postal delivery or collection from a local drop-off point in Rochford.
New address from 20th October 2019:
Danielles Schoolwear Centre
Rayleigh Weir SS6 7UP
Telephone 01268 967542
Orders can be made online www.daniellesshop.co.uk
Orders can be made online www.fostersschoolwear.co.uk
12 Birchanger Industrial Estate,
Bishops Stortford CM23 2TH
Size guide: https://www.fostersschoolwear.co.uk/size-charts/
Years 7 - 11
The following items must be purchased from our official stockists:
- Green blazer
- SHSG skirt (no shorter than 10 centimetres above the knee)
- Black trousers (these are classic style, supplied by one of our official stockists, no others are acceptable)
- White, ¾ sleeved, open-neck blouse with SHSG logo
- Green V-neck jumper, or black V-neck jumper at KS4
- PE uniform is available through the school or from our official stockists
- Natural tights, plain black tights or black socks
- Black, low-heeled shoes (no boots (including Kickers), trainers, plimsolls or backless styles).
- Coats, raincoats or jackets must be black, navy or dark green. Leather and denim are not permitted
- The school scarf is optional
- If students wish to cover their hair for religious reasons, a black or dark green headscarf, securely pinned, may be worn.
- Green, long-sleeved overall for practical subjects and white overall or apron for Food Technology
- Hair accessories must be dark green, brown or black. Hair should be of a natural shade if artificially coloured. Multiple colours/shades are not acceptable
- No make up or nail varnish is allowed at KS3. Discreet make up and clear nail varnish is allowed at KS4
- Nail extensions are not allowed.
- Facial or tongue piercings are not allowed
- No jewellery is allowed, with the exception of one small stud in each ear if the ears are pierced, and a watch. No form or ear expanding paraphernalia is allowed.
Please ensure that all uniform is clearly labelled with the student’s name and form.
Information about the Sixth Form uniform can be found on our Sixth Form pages.