Southend High School for Girls
Maternity Cover Required for September 2023
One-year Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Thursday 26th January 2023
Application forms are available at www.shsg.org/vacancies/#how-to-apply
Please submit your application and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher of English to join our highly successful English and Media Faculty.
The ability to teach Key Stages 3 & 4 is essential; the ability to teach A level would be an advantage.
The English and Media Faculty consists of a team of experienced and committed teachers, who gain excellent results.
The successful candidate should:
- Be an inspirational classroom practitioner with an irresistible enthusiasm for their subject. As a reflective practitioner you will be constantly looking to develop your practice through collaboration, experimentation, and hard work.
- Be a team player working closely with the Director of Faculty to develop the learning experiences for all our students.
- Be creative and innovative constantly looking for new ways to challenge our high ability students.
- Contribute to secure the highest standards of pupil achievement, monitoring, tracking, supporting, and evaluating pupil achievement. Setting targets for improvement and implementing effective strategies for under-performing students.
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated, curious, and industrious students.
- A strong, highly qualified staff team and an ethos of tolerance and respect with a family community spirit.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staff wellbeing.
- An environment which promotes innovation.
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girls’ grammar school rated
‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues to move forward under the leadership of its Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey
For all enquiries, please contact Karen Lacey HR & Finance Manager by e-mail at email@example.com
Shortlisting Thursday 26th January 2023
Interviews to be held Friday 27th 2023
We reserve the right to call applicants to interview, and appoint, prior to the closing date
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.