Southend High School for Girls
Director of Mathematics Faculty
Required for September 2023
Closing date: Friday 24th March 2023 (midday)
Application forms available to download here
A full applicant information pack can be found here
Please submit your application and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Director of Mathematics Faculty within this outstanding school. The mathematics faculty is a flourishing, innovative faculty, staffed by a committed team of subject experts; it is the most popular subject at A Level with students studying mathematics and further mathematics, as well as offering statistics and further mathematics at GCSE.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
- will be an outstanding practitioner, able to teach Mathematics at all levels, including to A* at A Level
- will be a passionate subject specialistic who is committed to ensuring that all students see the beauty and the value in studying mathematics beyond simply having to pass examinations
- will be a positive, dynamic and impactful leader with a proven track record of improving teaching and learning and leading students to achieving exceptional results
- will develop further the Mathematics Faculty’s excellent academic performance and range of extra-curricular provision
- will be committed to continuing to raise the profile of Mathematics across the school
- will actively contribute to the strategic direction of the school through the middle leadership strategic group
We can offer you:
- highly motivated, ambitious students
- excellent facilities
- a strong, highly qualified committed team of subject experts
- a commitment to ongoing professional development
- an environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girls’ grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
This is an exciting time to join the school as it continues to move forward under the leadership of its Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey.
For all enquiries, please contact Karen Lacey, HR & Finance Manager by e-mail at email@example.com
Interview date – Tuesday 28th March 2023
We reserve the right to call applicants to interview, and appoint, prior to the closing date
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.