37 hours per week Term Time + 5 days
7.00am – 3pm Monday -Friday
Starting Salary Scale 3 Point 5 ( Actual Salary £16,817)
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our existing catering team.
The team prepare and provide food across all services including our new 6th form café ‘Scholars’.
You will work closely with the Catering Manager to plan a variety of menus.
You will lead the food preparation each day ensuring compliance with all
health and safety requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare food daily to the required school’s standards
- Assist in ordering of stock and equipment and oversee stock control
- Work with Catering Manager to implement and review menu cycles regularly and promote theme days
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work as part of the catering team in a professional and friendly manner
- Assist in maximising the full potential of the catering operation in terms of turnover and profitability
- Ensure high quality food provision
We can offer you:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- A strong, highly qualified supportive team of staff
- An environment which promotes a family ethos
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey
Applications and supporting letters to be submitted to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 23rd March 2021
For further information and a full job description please contact
Karen Lacey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.