Part time Drama Teacher
Part time Drama Teacher FTE .50
Required for September 2021
We are seeking an exceptional Teacher of Drama to join our highly successful Creative and Performing Arts Faculty to teach Drama at all Key Stages.
The ability to teach English would be an advantage.
The Creative and Performing Arts Faculty consists of a team of highly experienced, enthusiastic and committed teachers who gain excellent results. The faculty embraces innovation and offers a rich experience of trips and clubs for our students.
The successful candidate should:
- Be an inspirational classroom practitioner with an irresistible enthusiasm for their subject. As a reflective practitioner you will be continually looking to develop your practice through collaboration, experimentation and hard work
- Be a team player working closely with the Head of Drama to develop the learning experiences for all our students
- Be creative and innovative constantly looking for new ways to challenge our high ability students across all Key Stages
- Help to secure the highest levels of pupil progress and achievement
- Be flexible and willing to contribute across the faculty depending on the requirement of the timetable
- Be willing to contribute towards the school’s extra curricular activity program
We can offer you:
- Very able, highly motivated, curious and industrious students
- A strong, highly qualified team of staff with a family community spirit
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its
Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey
Application forms are available at www.shsg.org
Submit applications and covering letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries please contact Karen Lacey on 01702 583082
Closing date: Wednesday 24th March 2021
Interview Date: TBC
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.