Maternity Cover Required for September 2021
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Part time or Full time hours will be considered
We are seeking an inspirational Teacher of Chemistry to join our successful Science Faculty.
The ability to engage and enthuse students with a love of Science at all Key Stages is essential.
The ability to teach Maths or Computer Science to KS3/KS4 or Biology KS3 would be an advantage.
The Science Faculty consists of a team of experienced, enthusiastic, and committed teachers.
This would be an excellent opportunity for an outstanding NQT
The successful candidate should:
- Be an inspirational classroom practitioner with an irresistible enthusiasm for their subject. As a reflective practitioner you will be constantly looking to develop your practice through collaboration, experimentation, and hard work.
- Be a team player working closely with the Heads of Department to develop the learning experiences for all our students
- Be creative and innovative constantly looking for new ways to challenge our high ability students across all Key Stages
- Contribute to secure the highest standards of pupil achievement, monitoring, tracking, supporting, and evaluating pupil achievement. Setting targets for improvement and implementing effective strategies for underperforming students.
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated, curious, and industrious students
- A strong, highly qualified staff team and an ethos of tolerance and respect with a family community spirit
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated
‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher,
Mr Jason Carey
Application forms are available at www.shsg.org
Please submit your completed application and covering letter to email@example.com
For all enquiries, please contact Karen Lacey by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 20th May 2021
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.