Head of Year 12/13
Head of Year 12/13
We are seeking an enthusiastic, inspirational, and dynamic Head of Year 12/13 to join the SHSG Pastoral Team.
This post is a vital role in promoting SHSG’s family ethos.
The ability to teach Mathematics, Science or Humanities would be an advantage but is not essential
We are looking for an excellent leader who:
- will provide outstanding pastoral leadership for students in Year 12/13.
- is passionate about pastoral care and welfare, supporting and promoting wellbeing and ensuring students achieve to the best of their abilities.
- has the ability to work with the Sixth Form team in developing an excellent A Level mindset that will facilitate the progression of our students onto their first choice Post 18 pathways.
- has high expectations and will inspire and lead their team to further improve the high standards of achievement, behaviour, and attendance for pupils in Year 12/13.
- will contribute to SLG (Senior Leadership Group) meetings and Pastoral meetings
- will lead with enthusiasm, decisiveness and communicate clearly with students, staff and parents / carers.
- will work alongside other Heads of Year, the Assistant Headteacher (Sixth Form) and the Pastoral Support Officer for the Sixth Form (Years 12 and 13).
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated, curious, and industrious students
- A strong, highly qualified staff team with a family community spirit
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated
‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher,
Mr Jason Carey
Application forms are available at www.shsg.org
Please submit your completed application and covering letter to email@example.com
For all enquiries please contact Karen Lacey by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 21st May 2021
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.