School Support Team Officer - 30 hours per week
30 hours per week
8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday
term time + 5 days
Starting Salary Scale 6 Point 12 (Actual Salary £15,800)
We are looking for an experienced and efficient individual to lead and manage our newly formed School Support Team.
This team is being brought together to provide all aspects of administrative support around the school,
including data entry, producing spreadsheets, managing trips and school events, preparing and setting up school displays.
Excellent IT skills including the use of excel and word are essential for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- provide a customer focused service to the school liaising with staff and external agencies
- ensure the school support team provides administrative support to departments in an efficient and effective manner
- ensure systems are set up to log and manage support requests received, prioritising the team’s workload and distributing responsibilities fairly
- be able to work well as part of a team and support colleagues
- manage the school support teams specialist skills to maximise the team’s potential effectively
- have good IT skills and experience using Microsoft Office, including excel, word, PowerPoint and Teams
- have excellent communication skills and a professional friendly manner
We can offer you:
- A strong, highly committed team of staff with an ethos of tolerance and a family community spirit
- Training and development and our commitment to staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey
Application forms available at www.shsg.org
Completed applications and supporting letters to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 28th July 2021
For all enquiries please contact Karen Lacey at email@example.com
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.