Catering Assistant - 27.5 hours per week
27.5 Hours per week
7:30am – 1.30pm Monday – Friday
Term Time Only
Salary Scale 2 Point 3 (Actual Salary £11,511)
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable person to join our existing catering team.
You will be required to work in all areas of the schools catering service, including operating our computerised cashless catering tills.
Some flexibility to provide additional hours to cover occasional school events as required.
Barista experience would be a distinct advantage for this position but is not essential
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist in all food preparation for the canteen and coffee shop
- Distribute/serve student lunches from collection points and canteen as required
- Be able to take direction and work well as part of a team
- Have good communication skills and a professional friendly manner
We can offer you:
- A strong, highly committed team of staff with an ethos of tolerance and a family community spirit
- Training and development and our commitment to staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey
Applications and supporting letters to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 29th July 2021
For further information please contact Karen Lacey email@example.com
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.